Episode 013: The Foundations of Building a Comic Brand (Branding 101) (Part 1 of 2)
Thursday, February 11, 2016 | by Ed Williams and Brent Lyles
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
To influence and command an audience into buying from you, a brand must be established, maintained and be consistent. But you can only start doing that if you have an understanding of what branding is.
- A brand is not a logo, colors, fonts, a website, business cards, etc.
- A brand is a collection of thoughts, feelings, emotions, memories, and experiences a person associates with your brand.
- A brand is someone’s gut feeling about you. It’s intangible. It takes no physical form.
- Your logo, colors, fonts, etc. are what’s called your brand identity. Those make your brand tangible and communicate who and what your brand is.
- One of the biggest tools you can start using now to build your brand is consistency. Your audience wants you to be consistent.
- To have a consistent output, you need content to maintain at least a weekly output. Don’t get on social media just yet until you have content to share.
There are 2 sides to comics: the creative & the business. Let us help you with the business.
There’s only so much time in the day and we can bet you want to spend it creating. We’ve figured out the other stuff for you (you know: marketing, selling and branding). Stop wasting time figuring out how to do it yourself and get back to doing the work you love with our tools and resources.