Episode 014: The Foundations of Building a Comic Brand (Branding 101) (Part 2 of 2)
Thursday, February 18, 2016 | by Ed Williams and Brent Lyles
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Branding is not so much the look of it, but the “feel” of it. It’s more than logos and colors. Branding is an opportunity to create strong, positive associations and affiliations with your business that keep people coming back for more, and in order to start building a brand like that, you need to have a solid grasp on the fundamentals.
- Find ways to innovate. It doesn’t have to be groundbreaking, but you need to be different. If your competition zigs, you need to zag. We started this podcast as a new way to market our books.
- Bring value to your audience.
- When you innovate, that innovation is valued and your brand can leverage that value.
- Validation means bringing your audience into the creative process. This is what our mini issues are for. We’re publicly testing, gathering data and information based on these issues.
- Validation helps you build something your audience wants versus something they don’t want. It’s the difference between selling to 2 people and selling to thousands.
- Validation allows you to tweak your product and brand accordingly and fix what isn’t working.
- Cultivating your brand means you’re influencing the character of your brand.
- Building a brand comes with consistency and developing a pattern of behavior.
- If you need help building your brand, Ed run’s a freelancing branding and design business, Geeky Dreamer Branding & Design, with both design and coaching services for those who are serious about building their brand.