Episode 016: Invest In Your People
Thursday, March 3, 2016 | by Ed Williams and Brent Lyles
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
When you invest, develop, and support good people, they will invest, develop, and create good ideas in return.
- Find, develop, and support good people, and they in turn will find, develop, and own good ideas.
- Life and death is the power held in our tongues. You can choose to speak life into your people, or kill their enthusiasm and passion for your project. It’s your choice.
- This is building infrastructure again. Don’t wait to start investing in your people when you have a million dollar budget. Start now.
- Investing in your people right now doesn’t have to be financial. Be creative and find ways to start doing this today.
- You don’t invest in everyone. Everyone isn’t always going to be an asset or a huge value to the project and business—and that’s simply because not everyone sticks around for the long haul. But for the ones that do, grow them, challenge them, and give them the necessary experience and independence to have a sense of ownership with the project.