Episode 023: Here’s How to Tell Character-Driven Stories Forever (Part 3 of 3)
Thursday, April 28, 2016 | by Ed Williams and Brent Lyles
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
You want to have a name that really resonates with your character? Want to have powers that just make sense? Then this episode will help you get there.
- For those who cannot draw, the physical description section is going to help you put one together to give to your artist.
- Your character should inform us of who and what they are before we get to that first line of text.
- Everything we’ve covered previously should inform your design decisions.
Don’t give your character a million powers.
- The best powers are the ones that become an extraordinary extension of ordinary limitations.
- Do your research before naming a character. A lot of names are trademarked by Marvel and DC.
- Everything leading up to this last stage should inform the name. The name should mean something and resonate with the character.