Episode 026: The Reason Why No One Seems To Care About Your Comic (The Rule of Reciprocity)
Thursday, May 26, 2016 | by Ed Williams and Brent Lyles
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
You have to start doing something different and start giving something away to get people to care and pay attention. This market we operate in is incredibly crowded, and in order to stand out you need to embrace, adopt and execute on the Rule of Reciprocity.
- Stop marketing the same way everyone else is. Find a different lane to drive in and own it.
- There are hundreds of people creating noise and spam asking everyone on Facebook to buy and click their thing. Are you going to become part of the noise or take a different approach?
- What content can you start giving away for free? What can you share with your audience? What can you teach them?
- The Rule of Reciprocity says that in many social situations, we pay back what we received from others.
- Get into the value business. What are you giving to your audience that’s valuable in order for them to not only care, but keep caring about what you’re doing, saying, and ultimately, selling?