Episode 028: How to Nail Your Pitch Every Single Time

Thursday, June 9, 2016| by Ed Williams and Brent Lyles

33 minutes

WHAT YOU’LL LEARN

In this episode we give you some techniques on how to utilize the power of emotion. How to dial up the engagement between you and a listener every single time

 

Key Takeaways

  • We want to feel something in your pitch. Don’t pitch the entire story. Get us emotionally invested.
  • Think in terms of a tweet or 30 seconds or less. It’s your job to get us invested within those timeframes and you have to be able to deliver.
  • Do not use established properties to carry the emotional response of your story.
  • Leave genre out of it. Genre makes up about 1% of this pie. Your story and the heart of it is the other 99%.
  • Get to the heart of your story. Get to the core truth and core message of it and pitch that.
  • If your story doesn’t have a heart, you’re going to have a hard time pitching. It is your obligation to make sure your pitch has soul.
  • Get us thinking. Get us immersed. Captivate us.

Your hosts

Ed Williams

[social_icons_group id=”435″]

Brent Lyles

[social_icons_group id=”437″]