Episode 030: Introducing Phase 2 of Arclight, Our Future Vision & Outlook, and What All Of This Means For You
Thursday, June 30, 2016 | by Ed Williams and Brent Lyles
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Building a comic universe and brand, then delivering it all in the form of a comic is no easy task. But the most important step in the right direction is to start with Why.
- There’s a growing need in this indie market for a central hub or resource—a Lynda.com for indie comics if you will. Arclight is positioning itself to become that resource for you.
- We’ve had to develop our own processes, systems and knowledge to get to this point. It’s taken us 5 years. We want to share this information with you in the form of premium content.
- This premium content will come in the form of: Curated Learn Paths; eGuides; eBooks; trainings and video courses. Our first eGuide, Create. Validate. And Build Your Fandom With Mini Issues, is the first iteration of Arclight 2.0
- Creating our own issues and graphic novels are still priority, however, these things costs money. * In order for us to develop all this content and the comics, we need cash flow. This new positioning will allow us to start generating the cash flow necessary to do both.
- Some content will still be free.
- You still will get a free weekly podcast episode.