Episode 031: You’re Never Not a Storyteller (Early Wake, Daily Storytelling)
Thursday, June 7, 2016 | by Ed Williams and Brent Lyles
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
We talk about how to prepare yourself to grind every single morning, what the requirements and cost of entry are for artists to really stand out from our own perspective, highlight how every person responsible in the creation of the comic adds to the story, and some of the sacrifices that need to be made in order to achieve your dreams.
- Be purposeful and intentional in all that you do be it practice, commissions, client work, etc.
- Showing up everyday doesn’t mean sitting in front of your computer and looking through Facebook. You have to put in real work.
- From the writer, to the artist, to the ink artist, story exists every step of the way. You have the opportunity to enhance and add to it depending on your role in the production process.
- 3 AM and 6 AM are hustle hours. Any later than 6 AM, you’re too late.
- Once your feet hit the floor you’re a storyteller.