Episode 042: Finding the Time To Do What You Love
Thursday, September 29, 2016 | by Brent Lyles
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
In this episode, you’ll learn some of Brent’s tips as he shares his advice so you can improve your time management skills to make room for what you truly love to do.
- Learn to prioritize. And to do this, you’re going to have to learn how to start saying No to certain things and people.
- Understand the difference between important events and urgent events.
- Stop reacting to urgent events. The important events should take priority.
- Be proactive with your time instead of reactive.
- Stop treating your time like it’s on autopilot.
- Focus on important tasks that contribute to your long term goals such as school, work and also the time for your passion.
- Ask yourself throughout the day: Is this the best use of my time right now?
- Find out what works best for you. Meaning if setting timers on your phone helps you balance your tasks, priorities, and life, do it. If writing everything down on a whiteboard better suits you, do that instead.
- Do one thing at a time. Focus on that one thing, enjoy it, then move onto the next. Do not split your focus across multiple things.
- Focus your energy on what matters most.