Episode 043: The 8 Most Insightful Lessons & Things We Learned at New York Comic Con
Thursday, October 13, 2016 | by Ed Williams and Brent Lyles
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
It’s con season and if you’re preparing to get to one, we’re positive this episode will give you some insight and information on how to make the most out of your experience..
- Artist Alley and Cosplayers are the lifeblood of conventions.
- Art is a business. You need to treat it like such if you’re going to be at a table or booth.
- There’s a level of customer service required of you if you’re selling your products to the public. Learn to engage with people.
- The Rule of Reciprocity still applies. Give before asking. Don’t make it all about you and don’t look for hookups. Support others first.
- You should always be representing yourself. Leave the Marvel and DC t-shirts home. Invest in your own merchandise and business cards.
- You have to nail your pitch. Practice it. Go back and listen to Episode 28 for guidance.
- Opportunities are everywhere. You have to be the one to open your mouth or make the first move to obtain them.