Episode 044: You Have To Set Bigger Goals (This Is How We Got To New York Comic Con)
Thursday, October 20, 2016 | by Ed Williams and Brent Lyles
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
You have to set bigger goals. Once you’ve set them, you have to devise a plan on how to achieve them. It isn’t enough to plan. You and your team have to execute on that goal and it needs to be executed on as a single, cohesive unit.
- You have two choices. Believe in you goals or fear your goals.
- Your bigger goals should be ambitious and scare you a little bit.
- Don’t let goals sit in the idea stage. Execute on them. It’s not enough to just talk about it.
- Learn how to reverse engineer your goals.
- Reverse engineering is the process of building the goal backwards to see the steps it would take to get there.
- When your team meets in person, the relationships should elevate.
- Meeting in person allows conversations and ideation to continue. Online discussions start and end when the connection is started and then shut down. In-person allows for spontaneity of ideas and creativity.
- Your team should meet at least once a year to create these bonds and experiences.